French authorities have warned about approximately 300,000 potentially unsafe condoms that were sold in pharmacies, shops, and online, reports infohub.kz.

France's fraud prevention and health authorities said about 260,000 condoms were recalled from pharmacies and shops after laboratory tests. Checks showed that two types of products could tear or have holes, which could lead to sexually transmitted infections or unwanted pregnancy.

Authorities have advised people who used such condoms to get tested for sexually transmitted infections. If menstruation is delayed, they also recommend taking a pregnancy test.

Around a thousand packs containing more than 40,000 such condoms had already been sold to customers. Online platforms have agreed to remove the relevant products from sale.

The list of non-compliant products includes condoms from several manufacturers, including Japanese company Okamoto Industries, as well as French brands My Lubie and Friday Bae.

My Lubie CEO Pierre Lagache told Reuters that the recall affected only one batch and was carried out as a precautionary measure. He said subsequent checks of the same batch confirmed its compliance.

"This is a medical device: at the slightest doubt, we remove it from the market without waiting for further results," Lagache said.

He added that the company voluntarily recalled the batch, and no reports of harm to consumers have been received so far.