Ukrainian missile strikes killed six people and injured four others in Russia's Belgorod region overnight, its acting governor said. A 14-year-old child was among the injured, Alexander Shuvaev wrote on Telegram early on Monday, as reported by infohub.kz.
The strikes came a night after what officials called the "largest-scale" attack launched by Ukraine this year, in which at least seven people were killed. Russian attacks on Ukraine also killed at least seven people and injured more than 39 on the same night.
Shuvaev said that the latest strikes had burned a building and damaged a car in the village of Koloskovo in the Valuysky district, which is close to Russia's border with Ukraine. The injured child had been sent to hospital while two others had received medical assistance, he added.
Moscow has intensified missile attacks across Ukraine in recent weeks, with Kyiv also stepping up drone strikes deep inside Russia. Both warring sides accuse each other of targeting civilians.


